Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Buy of the day: Lily Allen Jewellery Collection

Following in the footstep of Peaches Geldof (Made), Nicole Richie (House of Harlow 1960) and Yasmin Le Bon (Wallis), Lily Allen has designed her first jewellery collection.

It's a quirky and fun range of necklaces, rings and earrings consisting of animals, fruit, traffic signs and coins. We love this shiny pink Flamingo Necklace, £61.99, bound to get you noticed! Here are a few words from Lily herself about the collection:

What inspired you to want to create a jewellery range? Lily Allen: I love jewellery, always have done. I feel that it completes an outfit. You can change your whole look just by changing which jewellery you choose to go with what you're wearing.

Have you any influences on your choice of designs? Key fashion designers or fashion icons past and present?


Lily Allen: I love Chanel jewellery, it's always very unique I like that. Wearing something out that you probably won't see another person in is a pull for me.

I also love Dinny Hall jewellery, I can't resist buying a piece whenever I go in and I find what I buy always seems to be really versatile whether I'm choosing clothes to wear for stage or just going out to dinner.

Who are you aiming the collection at?

Lily Allen: To be honest I am aiming it at everyone, anyone who likes fun, stylish, colourful jewellery whether they are young or old!

Are any of the ranges influenced by something in your life/your favourite things? If so, why are they your favourite things?

Lily Allen: Definitely, all of the designs stem from anything whether it's the surroundings of places I've been to around the world, objects I've seen...anything - fruit, animals, pictures, colours, flowers - the list could go on forever.

The Collection has a number of individual ranges. Was there a reason for this? Have you a favourite?
Lily Allen: I'm really pleased with all of the designs, we worked hard on getting them exactly how we wanted them from choosing the right chain length and thickness to deciding what should be in gold and what looks better in silver. I do love the animals though...The pandas are fantastic...

In your inspiration for the ranges, did you have specific ‘looks' in mind when choosing to wear this jewellery?

Lily Allen: Again, I think you can put this kind of jewellery with anything, a black dress in the evening you can light up with say a fun panda necklace or in the day with jeans and a t-shirt the coins would look great...I think it all works...everyone's style is different so I'd never put specific items with specific clothes. It's whatever you feel like on the day, whatever mood you are in. it's just fun. That's what I wanted to achieve from the ranges.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

free counters

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers